- Uncreated Reality Zones:
- Transient, undetectable areas known to disrupt the shift-inhibitors, causing alter-identities to temporarily surface.
- Based on undefined parameters, these zones are able to spawn supernatural or otherwise non-native powers, abilities, items and locations when encountered by a shifter.
- Currently postulated that these zones appear in a few different variations, which produce inconsistent properties of these supernatural manifestations that have thus far been categorized as follows:
- Category 1: materializes only when the alter-identity is present
- Category 2: materializes mostly when the alter-identity is present, but occasionally appears briefly and randomly even when the alter-identity is subdued
- Category 3: materializes only when the alter-identity is not present, but occasionally appears when they are
- Category 4: rare; materializes intermittently and completely at random
- Category 5: full-fledged, permanent materialization; ultimately part of the present world's fabric of reality; evidence shows that some of these materializations may persist even after the alter-identity is no longer detectable within their host
- In the majority of studied cases, these supernatural manifestations also seem to evolve over time, often according to the pattern:
CAT 1 → CAT 2 → CAT 5
- Untouchable Zones:
Specific, uninhabited locales that are out of range of the shift-inhibitors' global transmission.
- Shift Gravitation:
Evidence of larger numbers of shifters in specific regional hubs where higher levels of psionic energy have also been recorded; currently inconclusive whether the phenomenon is result of an implicit attraction between shifters that causes them to manifest and/or congregate, or if there exist unique properties about these regions that instigate these occurrences.
- The Unveiled:
Shifters who become immune to the effects of the shift-inhibitors. Thus far, evidence is sparse and inconclusive as to what causes this, but it's believed to be simply evolutionary -- the build-up of resistance to the inhibitors after prolonged exposure. Currently under priority investigation in order to prevent the potential crisis of a growing number of Unveiled shifters.